Chicken 65...well what can I say about it! An all time favorite entree during a drinking binge. Can be served as a side dish for a main course too...A totally Indian preparation that is famous in the South, especially in Andhra. Check it out! :D
Oh! For some fun insights on the dish, click here...
- Chicken- 1 kg boneless, skinless thighs
- Corn Flour- 2 teaspoons
- Flour - 2 teaspoons
- Egg- 1
- Ginger paste- 1½ teaspoons
- Garlic paste- 1½ teaspoons
- Red Chili powder- 2 teaspoons
- Green Chilies - 12 nos.
- Yogurt- 2 cups
- All spice powder (cloves, cinnamon, cardamom) - 1 teaspoon
- Food Color (Red)- 4 drops
- Onion for garnishing
- Lime juice- 3 teaspoons.
- Salt to taste
- Curry Leaves- 10 to 15 fresh leaves
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Mix corn flour, all purpose flour, egg, ginger garlic paste, chili powder and salt to thick batter. Add water if required.
- Add chicken pieces to the batter and marinate for an hour.
- Deep fry the marinated chicken pieces till they turn golden.
- Heat 4 tsp oil in a sauce pan and add slit chillies, curry leaves, yogurt, garam masala, red color, little salt and the fried chicken pieces.
- Fry for 4-5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Add lime juice, mix well and garnish with onions