- Paneer (cottage cheese)- 250 gms, cut into 1.5inch cubes
- Tomato- 1 large, made into paste in a blender
- Cumin (jeera) seeds- 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Hing- 1/4th teaspoon
- Roasted cumin (jeera) seed powder- 1 teaspoon
- Green chilly- 2, slit mid way
- Finely chopped coriander leaves- 1 tablespoon
- Oil- 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Heat oil in a wok. Add the cumin seeds. When it splutters add the hing.
- Now pour in the tomato paste and fry till the oil releases at the edge of the wok. Add the turmeric powder, the roasted jeera powder and 1 teaspoon of salt. Fry for a minute.
- Add the paneer and coat them with the masala. To this mixture add 1/2 cup of water, chillies and the peas. Cook on a medium flame for about 2 minutes or until the peas are cooked.
- Remove from heat. garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with roti OR steamed rice.