- Cauliflower- 15 large florets or 20 medium ones
- Carrot- 2 large, quartered into 2inch pieces
- Ginger paste- 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste- 1 teaspoon
- Onion- 1, blended into paste
- Tomato-1, blended into paste
- Curd- 1/4th cup, beaten
- Turmeric- 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil- 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt- 1 1/2 teaspoon OR as per taste
- Sangita Khanna's Everyday Curry Powder (A secret ingredient from a blogger friend)- 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves- 1 tablespoon, finely chopped
- Water- 1/2 cup
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a non stick pan and shallow fry the cauliflower florets. They will get a light red coating. Remove and set aside.
- Now add the rest of the oil in a pressure cooker. Add the ginger and garlic paste. Saute till this turns near brown. Add the onion paste and on a medium to high flame keep cooking the masala by frequently adding splashes of water so that the masala doesn't burn.
- Once the onion start looking reddish add the tomatoes. Cook till the oil releases at the edges.
- Add the turmeric powder, salt and the everyday curry powder. Simmer and cook for a minute.
- Now add the vegetables and mix in thoroughly.
- Add the curd once all the masala has blended with the veggies. Mix the curd in so that it coats evenly.
- Lid the cooker lightly and allow for this to cook for a minute.
- Remove lid, sprinkle half the coriander leaves and add chillies slit mid way as per your choice. Add about 1/2 cup of water. Check salt and add if required.
- Secure the cooker lid and cook on medium till a pressure releases. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle remaining coriander leaves and serve with hot Roti OR Bajra OR Rice
Happy feasting folks! :)